Miso beansprout rolls
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 50g brown basmati rice
- 1 ½ tbsp finely chopped ginger , plus 2 slices
- 4 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 yellow pepper , deseeded and cut into strips
- 4 garlic cloves , grated
- 160g beansprouts
- 4 spring onions , shredded
- 1 large carrot , cut into thin strips with a julienne peeler
- 1 red chilli , seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 4 large eggs
- STEP 1
Boil the rice with the sliced ginger for 25 mins until tender – use just enough water so that it cooks, but it’s not swamped. Drain well and remove the ginger.
- STEP 2
Heat 2 tsp oil in a large wok, then stir-fry the chopped ginger, pepper and garlic for about 1 min. Tip in the beansprouts, spring onions, carrots and chilli, if using, then stir-fry until the veg has softened and started to char. Remove from the heat.
- STEP 3
Stir the miso with 2 tsp water to dilute it a little, then beat in the eggs. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Pour in half the egg mixture and scatter over half the rice. Allow the mixture to set to an omelette. While still a little moist, tip half of the vegetables on top and cook for a few seconds more. Carefully roll up, and repeat with the remaining egg, rice and vegetables.