Microwave honey & fennel-glazed carrots
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 40g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp runny honey (heather honey works well)
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 600g baby carrots (Chantenay), large ones halved
- ½ bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- STEP 1
Mash the butter in a bowl with the honey and fennel seeds. Cover and chill until needed. Can be prepared up to three days ahead.
- STEP 2
Trim the tops off the carrots and wash under cold running water, scrubbing them with a clean scourer to get rid of any dirt. Put the carrots in a large, microwave-proof bowl with 2 tsp water. Cover the carrots with a microwaveable plate or lid and heat on full power for 5-6 mins until just tender. Drain, then toss with the honey and fennel butter and parsley. Taste for seasoning and serve.