- Preparation and cooking time
- 55 mins
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g merguez sausages , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 onions , chopped
- 1 red pepper , chopped
- 2 x cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp each Worcestershire sauce , Dijon mustard and brown sugar
- 2 x cans cannellini beans or red kidney beans, drained
- coriander or parsley and tortillas, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the sausages and fry until browned. Add the onions and pepper, and fry for 5 mins until softened. Add the tomatoes and 1 can of water, the Worcestershire sauce, mustard and sugar. Season and bring to the boil. Give it a stir, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Stir in the beans, return to a simmer and cook for a further 5 mins. Scatter with parsley or coriander and serve in bowls with tortillas.