Mediterranean tuna, pepper & courgette tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 320g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 courgettes , coarsely grated
- 150g pack garlic & herb soft cheese (we used Boursin)
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained and broken into flakes
- 140g ready-roasted pepper , sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp caper in bring, drained
- 8 pitted black olives
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Unroll the puff pastry onto a large baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Score a 1cm border around the edges with a sharp knife, taking care not to cut through the pastry. Prick the area inside the border with a fork. Bake for 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in frying pan and fry the courgettes until tender and the mixture is quite dry. Allow to cool a little before mixing with the soft cheese.
- STEP 3
Remove the pastry base from the oven and press down any puffed up areas, within the border, with the back of a spoon. Spread over the courgette mixture. Scatter with tuna, lay over the pepper strips and sprinkle on capers. Finally dot with olives and bake for a further 15 mins until the pastry is golden, puffed up and cooked though.