Marinated grilled lamb cutlets with creamed corn
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus marinating
- Serves 2
- 1 fennel bulb , cut into wedges
- 140g baby plum tomato , cut in half
For the lamb
- small bunch rosemary , leaves only, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 4 lamb cutlets , trimmed of any fat
For the creamed corn
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- ½ red pepper , finely chopped
- 325g can sweetcorn , drained
- 1 tbsp low-fat crème fraîche
- STEP 1
Put the rosemary, garlic and rapeseed oil in a small bowl, and mash together to release the flavours. Smear over the lamb cutlets, place in a bowl or sealable food bag and leave to marinate.
- STEP 2
For the corn, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the onion and sauté until softened, about 3 mins. Add the red pepper and stir to coat in the onion mixture. Add a splash of cold water, then cover until the pepper is soft, about 5 mins.
- STEP 3
Put the mixture into a food processor bowl with the sweetcorn and crème fraîche. Blitz until combined and fairly smooth. Return to the heat in a pan and warm to serve.
- STEP 4
Heat a griddle pan. Place the lamb cutlets in the pan and cook until pink or as cooked as you like them. Once cooked, remove from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Place the fennel wedges in the griddle pan and griddle until cooked and marked with char lines. Add the tomatoes for the last few mins of cooking. Eat as soon as the lamb is cooked to your liking.