Maple roast chicken with potatoes & thyme
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
An easy one-pot dish combining sticky chicken with delicious roasted vegetables
- 750g small new potatoes , such as Charlottes, halved
- 2 small red onions , cut into wedges
- 1 head of garlic , separated into cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 heaped tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 large red pepper , deseeded and cut into chunky pieces
- 2 large courgettes , halved lengthways and very thickly sliced
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 large chicken legs portions
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Mix the potatoes, onions, all but 2 garlic cloves and half the oil in a large roasting tin with seasoning to taste. Roast for 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile crush the remaining garlic and mix with the maple syrup, mustard, remaining oil and seasoning to taste.
- STEP 3
Toss the pepper, courgettes and thyme with the potatoes, then arrange the chicken portions on top and brush liberally with the maple syrup mixture. Roast for 45 mins to 1 hr until the chicken is golden and sticky and the vegetables are tender. Serve with rocket or green beans.