- 200g malted milk biscuit, crushed to crumbs
- 100g salted butter, melted
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 x 300g tubs full fat soft cheese (we used Philadelphia; if you use soft or cream cheese from a deli counter the cheesecake might not set)
- 300ml pot double cream
- 300g white chocolate, melted
To purists, this is not chocolate because it is made only from the fat or butter of the cacao…
- 200g bar milk chocolate, melted
Milk chocolate is classically made from dark chocolate of low cocoa solid content and a higher…
- 2 tbsp malt or Horlicks powder
- 37g bag white Maltesers
Line base and sides of a deep, 22-23cm loose-bottomed round tin with baking parchment. Mix the biscuits, melted butter and 2 tbsp of the sugar, then press into base. Chill while you make the filling.
Divide cream cheese and cream evenly between 2 bowls. Add the white chocolate to one, and the milk chocolate, malt and remaining 3 tbsp sugar to the other. Beat each with an electric whisk until smooth.
Spread the milk chocolate mixture evenly in the tin. Wipe round the edge to give a smooth edge. Spoon the white chocolate mix over the top and gently smooth. Decorate with Maltesers and chill for at least 5 hrs until firm.