Mackerel & potato salad with lemon caraway dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 175g small new potato
- 200g smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed
- 4 spring onions , finely sliced
- 140g small cooked beetroot , sliced into wedges
- small bunch dill , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice 1 lemon , zest of half
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- STEP 1
Place the potatoes in a small saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 15 mins or until fork-tender. Cool and cut into thick slices.
- STEP 2
Flake the mackerel into a bowl and add the cooled potatoes, spring onions, beetroot and dill.
- STEP 3
In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, caraway seeds and some seasoning. Pour over the salad and toss everything well to coat. Scatter over the lemon zest. Pack into plastic containers and chill, or eat straight away.