Lemon, fennel & prawn pizza
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 pizzas (serves 4)
Knock up a batch of our versatile pizza dough and get creative with toppings - we like this sunshine shellfish mix
- ½ quantity pizza dough (see Basic pizza dough recipe in 'goes well with', right), divided into 2 balls
- 1 small fennel bulb , cored and thinly sliced
- 10 large raw peeled prawns
- zest 1 lemon
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g firm mozzarella , cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g pecorino , coarsely grated
- 10 cherry tomatoes , halved if large
- 1 heaped tsp tiny capers
- 2 handfuls shredded radicchio
- STEP 1
Prepare the dough following the instructions in Basic pizza dough recipe in 'goes well with', right.
- STEP 2
In a shallow bowl, mix the fennel, prawns, lemon zest, chilli flakes and oil. Season and cook on your barbecue or griddle pan, turning once, until grill marks appear. Cook one side of the pizzas.
- STEP 3
Top the cooked side of the pizzas with both cheeses, the fennel-prawn mix, cherry tomatoes and capers. Grill until the cheese is melted. Top with the radicchio and serve.