- 25g butter, plus extra for greasing
Butter is a dairy product made from separating whole milk or cream into fat and…
- 200g crusty white bread, torn into chunks (all the better if it's a few days old)
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
Like garlic and onion, leeks are a member of the allium family, but have their own distinct…
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100g cherry tomato, halved
- 4 eggs
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition packed with protein and a…
- 200ml milk
One of the most widely used ingredients, milk is often referred to as a 'complete' food…
- 100g strong cheddar, grated
Once cheddar was 'Cheddar', a large, hard-pressed barrel of cheese made by a particular…
- ketchup, to serve (optional)
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Grease a baking dish and fill with the torn bread. Heat the butter in a large pan until it starts to foam. Add the leeks and garlic, and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins, stirring as you go. Spoon softened leek mixture over the bread and top with cherry tomatoes.
Beat together the eggs, milk and cheddar. Season, then pour over the bread and bake for 15-20 mins until golden and puffy. Serve with ketchup, if you like.