- 2 x 284ml pots buttermilk
- zest and juice 2 lemons
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
Honey is made by bees from the nectar they collect from flowers. Viscous and fragrant, it's…
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil
- 200g kale, finely shredded
A member of the cabbage family, kale comes in two forms: kale, which has smooth leaves, and…
- ¼ white cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 4 ripe peaches, halved, stoned and sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
Tip the buttermilk, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, honey and oil into your largest bowl. Season well and whisk. Add the kale and cabbage, and toss through the dressing. Set aside for 10 mins to soften.
Toast the poppy seeds in a dry frying pan until they smell aromatic. Cool for 5-10 mins, then add to the kale and cabbage with the peaches and onion. Mix well, then chill until you’re ready to serve. Can be made 1 day ahead.