Classic potato salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6 with leftovers
- 800g small new potato
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp small capers (optional)
- 2 tbsp cornichons, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise, or to taste
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- small handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Boil the potatoes in salted water for 20 mins until just cooked, drain, then cool.
- STEP 2
Cut the potatoes into chunks, then throw into a bowl with the shallots, capers and cornichons, if using. Add enough mayonnaise to bind, then mix together the olive oil and vinegar and add just enough to give a little sharpness to the salad. Stir in the finely chopped parsley and serve.