John's chicken nacho one-pot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g chorizo or pepperoni, skin removed, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp paprika
- 20 cherry tomatoes , cut in half
- 4 skinless chicken breasts , each cut lengthways into 4 (or buy chicken fillets)
- 200g bag corn chips (spicy if you like a bit of heat)
- 200ml tub crème fraîche
- jar of jalapeño peppers
- extra crème fraîche or soured cream
- smashed avocado
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the oil and chorizo in an ovenproof frying pan over a high heat and cook for 3 mins until the chorizo has released its oils and is starting to crisp. Stir in the paprika and tomatoes, and cook for 1 min.
- STEP 2
Season the chicken, add to the pan and cook for 5 mins, keeping the heat high. Add 2 tbsp water so there is a little sauce and the tomatoes cook down a little. Tip into a bowl.
- STEP 3
Put the corn chips in the pan and pour the chicken mix on top. Spoon over the crème fraîche and cook in the oven for 10 mins. Serve with the jalapeños, extra crème fraîche or soured cream, and smashed avocado.