Jerk chicken burger
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus marinating
- Serves 2
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- few thyme sprigs , leaves picked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- juice 1 lime
- 2 large bread rolls
- ½ small mango , stoned, peeled and sliced
- 1 tomato , sliced
- 1 Little Gem lettuce heart, shredded
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise and ketchup, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the chicken breasts in between pieces of cling film and bash with a rolling pin to flatten. Mix together the thyme, oil, jerk seasoning and half the lime juice in a bowl. Add the chicken and leave to marinate for 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Heat a griddle pan until hot and cook the chicken for 4-5 mins each side or until cooked through. Remove from the heat. Meanwhile, toast the cut sides of the buns for 1-2 mins.
- STEP 3
Put the chicken on the buns and top with the mango, tomato and a handful of lettuce. Squeeze over the rest of the lime and top with mayo and ketchup, if you like.