Jerk beefburger with pineapple relish & chips
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Flavour your mince with Jamaican spices and serve up with a contrasting tropical chutney and fries
- 4 very large potatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion , ½ grated and ½ finely chopped
- 1 carrot , grated
- 400g/ 14oz beef mince
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning (we used Bart)
- 200g/7oz fresh pineapple (we used pre-cut packet), finely chopped
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- small handful coriander , roughly chopped
- juice 1 lime
- lettuce and burger buns , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Scrub the potatoes and cut into chips. Lay the chips in a single layer on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, season and toss to coat. Bake for 40 mins until crisp.
- STEP 2
Mix together the grated onion, carrot, mince and jerk seasoning in a large bowl, then shape into 4 evenly sized patties.
- STEP 3
Heat a non-stick frying pan till hot, then cook the burgers for 5-6 mins each side.
- STEP 4
To make the relish, mix the chopped onion, pineapple, chilli, coriander and lime juice. To serve, place the burgers in split buns with some lettuce and the spicy relish. Serve with the crispy chips.