- small pack basil, very finely chopped, plus a few small leaves to serve
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 600g tomatoes (a selection of sizes and colours looks good)
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 175g chargrilled artichokes in oil, from a jar
Make the dressing by combining the chopped basil with the olive oil in a small bowl. Season well.
Slice the larger tomatoes, leaving smaller ones whole or halved. Lay them on a platter, then top with the onion slices and artichokes. Scatter over the basil leaves, drizzle over the dressing and add a good grinding of black pepper.