Italian stuffed courgettes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 courgettes , halved lengthways
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- mixed salad , to serve
For the stuffing
- 50g dried white breadcrumbs
- 50g pine nuts
- 6 spring onions , trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 6 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 25g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, finely grated
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Place the courgettes in a single layer in a shallow ovenproof dish, fairly tightly together, cut-side up. Brush lightly with 1 tsp oil and bake for 20 mins.
- STEP 2
To make the stuffing, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and season with lots of black pepper.
- STEP 3
Sprinkle the stuffing on top of the courgettes and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Bake for a further 10-15 mins or until the courgettes are softened and the topping is golden and crisp. Serve hot with a mixed salad.