Hot little Christmas cakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 50g melted butter , plus extra for greasing
- 50g plain flour , plus extra for dusting
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 50g dark muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- finely grated zest 1 orange
- small handful dried berries and cherries
- vanilla ice cream and honey, to serve
- STEP 1
Grease and flour 4 small ramekins and set aside. Tip all the ingredients, except the berries and cherries, into a large jug or bowl. Using a hand blender, blend until completely combined, then stir in the dried fruit. Chill cake mix until needed.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 230C/fan 210C/gas 8. Divide the mix between the ramekins and bake for 15 mins until puffed up and golden. Tip the cakes out onto plates, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with honey.