Homemade chocolate drops
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes about 200, enough for 20-40 gifts
For dark chilli drops
- 200g dark chocolate (we used 70% cocoa content)
- a pinch of hot chilli powder
- red edible glitter (we used splatcooking.com)
For salted pistachio drops
- 200g milk chocolate (we used Green & Black's cook's chocolate with extra cocoa butter)
- an eighth of a tsp flaky sea salt
- 25g pistachios , finely chopped
For rose drops
- 200g white chocolate
- crystallised rosé petals (we used squires-shop.com)
- STEP 1
For the dark chilli drops: break the chocolate into chunks and melt in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Meanwhile, line a few flat baking trays with baking parchment. Once the chocolate has melted, stir in the chilli powder. Use a teaspoon to drop ‘drops’ of the chocolate onto the baking parchment. Every 10 or 20 drops, scatter over a small amount of red glitter before the chocolate sets. Leave to set in a cool place, but do not put in the fridge.
- STEP 2
For the salted pistachio drops: melt the chocolate and prepare baking parchment as before. Once the chocolate has melted, stir in the salt, then make drops as above, topping with chopped pistachios.
- STEP 3
For the white chocolate drops: carefully melt the chocolate as above. Make drops, as above. Once they are partially set, top each with a crystallised rose petal.