Herbed chicken, peach & feta salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus soaking and cooling- no cook
- Serves 4
- 200ml vegetable stock , made with freshly boiled water
- 125g bulgur wheat
- meat from a roughly 900g ready-roasted smoked or unsmoked whole chicken (about 550g ready-roasted chicken breasts), not too fridge-cold
- 2 ripe yellow-fleshed peaches
- 25g pack mint
- 25g pack dill
- handful basil (optional)
- 50g toasted pecan halves, some left whole
- 100g feta cheese , crumbled
For the dressing
- STEP 1
Pour the boiling-hot stock over the bulgur in a large bowl. Cover with cling film and set aside for 15-20 mins until the stock has been totally absorbed and the grains are tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, slice or tear the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and cut each peach into 12 wedges. Whisk the dressing ingredients together with some seasoning.
- STEP 3
When the bulgur looks dry and has swollen up in the bowl, remove the cling film. Fluff it up with a fork and let cool.
- STEP 4
Roughly chop the herbs just before serving, then toss into the bulgur. Spread over a large platter, then top with the chicken, peaches, pecans and feta. Roughly toss everything together a little. Drizzle over the dressing to serve.