Halloumi, watermelon & mint salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 250g pack halloumi cheese , thinly sliced
- flesh from 1kg/2lb 4oz chunk watermelon , sliced
- 200g pack fine green beans
- small bunch mint , finely shredded
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil , plus extra to drizzle
- toasted pitta breads , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat grill to high. Lay the cheese on a baking tray in a single layer, then grill for 2 mins on each side until golden. Toss the watermelon, beans and mint together with the lemon juice and olive oil, season well, then layer on plates with the slices of halloumi.
- STEP 2
Drizzle with a little more oil if you like, and then serve with warm pittas.