Grilled mackerel with harissa & coriander couscous
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 small whole mackerel , gutted and filleted
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- grated zest and juice 1 lime , plus wedges to serve
- 1 bunch spring onions , finely sliced
- 2 tbsp harissa paste (more depending on taste)
- 140g couscous
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander , plus sprigs to serve
- STEP 1
Brush each fillet 2-3 times with a little of the olive oil and rub with the lime zest. Season and sprinkle with half the lime juice then marinate for 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Heat the remaining olive oil in a large pan. Add half the onions and harissa, and stir over a medium heat for 2-3 mins. Stir in the couscous and toss to coat with the harissa. Add the hot stock, cover and remove from the heat. Stand for 5 mins, fluff with a fork and stir in the remaining spring onions, coriander, lime juice and some seasoning. Heat the grill.
- STEP 3
Grill the mackerel for 3-4 mins on each side or until the flesh is opaque. Divide the couscous between 4 plates and slide a fillet on top. Serve with lime wedges.