Grilled fish with chunky avocado salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 2
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes , each chopped into 6
- 1 small red onion , finely sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil , plus some for drizzling
- juice half a lemon or 1 lime
- small bunch coriander , leaves only
- 2 x 140g/6oz fish fillets, such as Pacific cod or halibut, skin on
- STEP 1
Halve and stone the avocado and use a teaspoon to scoop chunks of the flesh into a bowl. Gently mix all the other ingredients, except the fish, in with the avocado, then set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Season the fish with pepper, and salt if you want, then drizzle with a little olive oil. Griddle the fillets for 2-3 mins on each side until charred and cooked through. Serve with the avocado salad.