Griddled pear & blue cheese salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 firm, ripe pears , sliced lengthways into 1cm slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 250g bag mixed salad leaf
- 150g pack blue cheese , crumbled
- crusty bread , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the pears in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil. Heat a griddle pan, then cook the pears, in batches, for 1 min on each side. Set aside to cool.
- STEP 2
Mix the remaining oil, vinegar and honey. Toss the pears, leaves and cheese, divide between 4 plates and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with bread, if you like.