Giant couscous & tomato salad with zhoug-style dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus cooling
- Serves 4
- 4 large vine tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 150g giant couscous or fregola
For the zhoug-style dressing
- ½ small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- handful of parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1
Put the tomatoes and onion in a large bowl with ½ tsp sea salt. Toss and leave to sit.
- STEP 2
Cook the couscous in a pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 mins until tender (don’t overcook it – you want it a bit under so it can soak up the juices from the tomato), then drain really well. Cool for 10 mins then toss with the tomato and onion mixture.
- STEP 3
Blend all the dressing ingredients with 1 tbsp water and ½ tsp sea salt until smooth. Drizzle some over the couscous, then serve the rest on the side for people to help themselves.