Fruit & nut butternut squash quinoa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A crowd-pleasing veggie dish that's packed with flavour and a range of textures from pumpkin, apricots and pistachios
- 1 butternut squash , peeled and cut into small dice
- 2 onions , cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus a little extra for drizzling
- 200g quinoa
- 4 tbsp natural yogurt , or vegan alternative
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- juice 1 lemon
- 85g toasted flaked almond
- 85g shelled pistachio
- 10 dried apricots , sliced
- handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Toss the squash and onions with 2 tbsp oil in a large shallow roasting tin. Season and roast for about 30 mins, shaking the tin once or twice, until the veg is tender.
- STEP 2
Cook the quinoa following pack instructions. When cooked, run under cold water and thoroughly drain.
- STEP 3
Stir together the yogurt, tahini, most of the lemon juice and some seasoning to make a sauce. Mix the quinoa with the nuts, dried apricots, mint and some seasoning in a large bowl, then add the remaining lemon juice, drizzle with a little oil and stir well. Scatter over the squash-onion mix and serve with the yogurt sauce.