- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 40ml La Medida Espadin mezcal
- 10ml Ancho Reyes verde liqueur
- 25ml padron pepper agave syrup (see below)
- 25ml lime juice
- rock salt, to taste
For the padron pepper agave syrup
- 100ml agave syrup
- 6 padron peppers, stems removed and deseeded
- padron pepper and lime slice
- STEP 1
First, make the padron pepper agave syrup. Tip the agave syrup, 50ml water and the peppers into a blender and blitz until well-combined. Strain.
- STEP 2
Put the mezcal, liqueur, 25ml of the padron pepper agave syrup, the lime juice and a pinch of rock salt into a cocktail shaker and top up with ice. Shake until combined. Strain the cocktail into a rocks or tumbler glass filled with ice, then garnish with a padron pepper and slice of lime.