For the dressing
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- juice 1 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
True Balsamic vinegar is an artisan product from Modena, in Emilia Romagna, Italy, and is made…
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ⅓ small pack basil, leaves chopped
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
- 3 pitted black Kalamata olive, rinsed and chopped
For the salad
- 2 eggs
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 250g new potatoes, thickly sliced
New potatoes have thin, wispy skins and a crisp, waxy texture. They are young potatoes and…
- 200g fine green beans
- ½ red onion, very finely chopped
- 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 romaine lettuces leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 pitted black Kalamata olive, rinsed and halved
Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl with 1 tbsp water.
Meanwhile boil the potatoes for 7 mins, add the beans and boil 5 mins more or until both are just tender, then drain. Boil 2 eggs for 8 minutes then shell and halve.
Toss the beans, potatoes and remaining salad ingredients, except the eggs, together in a large bowl with half the dressing. Arrange the eggs on top and drizzle over the remaining dressing.