Cucumber, mint & melon punch
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus 24 hrs steeping, no cook
- Serves 12
- 1 large cucumber , peeled and chopped into small chunks
- small bunch mint , leaves picked
- 500ml vodka
- juice 6 lime , plus wedges to serve
- 200g white caster sugar
- 1-2 small melons (we used 1/2 honeydew, 1/2 cantaloupe and 1/2 watermelon)
- 1l sparkling water , chilled
- STEP 1
Put the cucumber and half the mint in a large bowl or jug, and pour over the vodka. Cover and leave to steep for at least 24 hrs or for up to 1 week in the fridge, stirring every few days. Strain through a fine sieve.
- STEP 2
Pour the vodka, lime juice and sugar into a larger jug. Stir well.
- STEP 3
Using a melon baller, scoop out as many melon balls as you can. Add them to the jug and leave to steep for 30 mins-1 hr in the fridge. Top up with sparkling water and add the remaining mint leaves just before serving with extra lime wedges.