- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- small bunch mint, leaves picked
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 500ml vodka
Originally associated with Russia, Slavonic, Baltic and Scandinavian countries, vodka has become…
- juice 6 lime, plus wedges to serve
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 200g white caster sugar
- 1-2 small melons (we used ½ honeydew, ½ cantaloupe and ½ watermelon)
- 1l sparkling water, chilled
Put the cucumber and half the mint in a large bowl or jug, and pour over the vodka. Cover and leave to steep for at least 24 hrs or for up to 1 week in the fridge, stirring every few days. Strain through a fine sieve.
Pour the vodka, lime juice and sugar into a larger jug. Stir well.
Using a melon baller, scoop out as many melon balls as you can. Add them to the jug and leave to steep for 30 mins-1 hr in the fridge. Top up with sparkling water and add the remaining mint leaves just before serving with extra lime wedges.