Creamy fish curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 250g basmati rice
- 3 heaped tbsp mild curry paste , such as korma
- 1 onion , thinly sliced
- 400g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 140g frozen fine green bean
- 400g frozen coley , or other white fish, defrosted and chopped into fairly large chunks
- ½ bunch spring onions , sliced
- STEP 1
Cook the rice following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the curry paste with a splash of water in a frying pan with a lid. Add the onion and gently cook until soft. Pour in the coconut milk and crumble on the stock cube. Simmer to make a smooth sauce, adding a splash of water if it’s too thick.
- STEP 2
Stir in the beans, then top with the fish. Cover and simmer for 10-12 mins until the fish is just cooked through. Drain the rice, halve it, letting the other half cool for tomorrow – chill once cool. Sprinkle the curry with the spring onions and serve with the rice.