- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 750g Brussels sprout , trimmed and halved if large
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon , cut into small chunks
- 200g/7oz chestnut halves, roughly chopped
- 6 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- STEP 1
Cook the Brussels sprouts in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 mins until tender, then drain and cool in iced water or under the cold tap. Drain well.
- STEP 2
Fry bacon gently in a large frying pan for 4 mins until starting to crisp, then throw in the chestnut pieces and cook until toasted. Add the sprouts and crème fraîche, season, then turn the heat up to boil the cream until it coats the sprouts. Tip into a serving dish and serve straight away.