- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1.8kg floury potatoes , cut in half, or quarters if large
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 100g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- handful parsley , finely chopped
- 4 rosemary sprigs, leaves finely chopped
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Place the potatoes into a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 mins exactly. Drain well and toss in a little of the oil to coat.
- STEP 2
Stir the flour, parmesan, herbs and nutmeg together in a dish with a small pinch of salt and toss the potatoes in the mix until evenly coated. Heat a good layer of oil in a shallow, non-stick roasting tray on a hob or in the oven, then carefully add the potatoes to the tray. Turn the potatoes to coat them in the oil and roast for 40 mins, turning once. If they feel like they are sticking to the pan, don’t move them, just leave them for the full time. Roast until golden brown and crisp, and serve straight away.