Coconut noodle & vegetable soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Simple bowl food like this spicy soup is just what you need after a long day
- 1-2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 tsp groundnut oil
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 300ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 200g thick rice noodle
- 200g chestnut mushroom , sliced
- 140g sugar snap pea , halved
- 100g beansprout
- 1½ tbsp Thai fish sauce
- juice 1 lime
- 3 spring onions , shredded, plus few mint and coriander leaves, to serve
- STEP 1
Put a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the curry paste in the oil for 1 min until it starts to release its aroma. Pour in the stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the noodles. Simmer for 7 mins, then stir in the mushrooms and sugar snaps. Cook for 3 mins more, then add the beansprouts, fish sauce and lime juice. Remove the pan from the heat.
- STEP 2
Ladle the noodles and soup into bowls, then scatter with spring onions, mint and coriander to serve.
GIVE IT A TWIST
Swap the green curry paste for yellow or red versions, and the veg for halved baby corn, green beans, water chestnuts or shredded pak choi.