- 500g tub Napoletana (tomato and basil) pasta sauce
Pasta is the Italian name for Italy's version of a basic foodstuff which is made in many…
- 450ml fish stock
- 2 courgettes, finely sliced
The courgette is a variety of cucurbit, which means it's from the same family as cucumber,…
- 1 bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 450g hoki fillet, defrosted
- handful basil leaves, torn
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli in adobo sauce or chilli paste, to serve
Part of the capsicum family, chillies come in scores of varieties and colours (from green…
- 5 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche, to serve
Put the pasta sauce and stock into a large saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 mins. Add the courgettes and fennel and simmer for 2 mins.
Cut the hoki fillets into 4cm pieces. Add to the soup and poach over a low heat for 2-3 mins or until the fish is cooked. Don’t stir too often or the fish will break up. Gently stir in the basil and adjust the seasoning.
Mix the chipotle chilli mix or chilli paste with the crème fraîche and season. Ladle the soup into bowls and spoon a dollop of crème fraîche on top.