Chunky Mediterranean fish soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 500g tub Napoletana (tomato and basil) pasta sauce
- 450ml fish stock
- 2 courgettes , finely sliced
- 1bulb fennel , finely sliced
- 450g hoki fillet , defrosted
- handful basil leaves, torn
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli in adobo sauce or chilli paste, to serve
- 5 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche , to serve
- STEP 1
Put the pasta sauce and stock into a large saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 mins. Add the courgettes and fennel and simmer for 2 mins.
- STEP 2
Cut the hoki fillets into 4cm pieces. Add to the soup and poach over a low heat for 2-3 mins or until the fish is cooked. Don’t stir too often or the fish will break up. Gently stir in the basil and adjust the seasoning.
- STEP 3
Mix the chipotle chilli mix or chilli paste with the crème fraîche and season. Ladle the soup into bowls and spoon a dollop of crème fraîche on top.