- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 250g baby cooking chorizo , sliced
- 4 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 250g basmati rice
- 600ml stock
- 1 lemon , zest peeled off in thick strips, plus wedges to serve
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- small bunch parsley , chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan with a lid. Add the onion and cook for 5-8 mins until soft and golden. Push to the side of the pan and add the chorizo. Cook until lightly browned and some of the oils are released into the pan.
- STEP 2
Add the garlic and paprika, then the tomatoes. Bubble over a medium heat for 5 mins, then add the rice, stock, lemon zest and bay leaves. Stir everything together well and bring to the boil. Put the lid on and cook over a very low heat for 12 mins.
- STEP 3
Turn off the heat and leave to sit and steam for 10-15 mins. Stir through the parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.