Chocolate, mint & chilli truffles
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus 2 hrs chilling
- Makes 25 truffles
- 150ml double cream
- 100g milk chocolate , chopped
- 100g dark chocolate , chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 2 red bird's-eye chillies , roughly chopped
- 50g blanched almonds , finely chopped and toasted
- STEP 1
Pour the cream into a pan and heat until just steaming, but not boiling. Put the chopped chocolate and butter in a bowl, pour over the hot cream, and stir until smooth. Add the golden syrup, mint extract and chilli. Chill until firm, about 2 hrs.
- STEP 2
Using a melon baller roll into 1 tsp balls. Roll the balls in chopped almonds and set on a tray. Cover and chill until serving.