Chipotle chicken tacos with pineapple salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 500g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 200ml passata
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- ½ small pineapple , cored, peeled and chopped
- ½ small pack coriander , chopped
- corn or flour tortillas
- hot sauce (I like Tabasco Chipotle), to serve
- STEP 1
In a food processor, roughly blitz the chicken thighs into chunky mince. Alternatively, chop into bite-sized pieces.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add half the onion and the chicken mince. Season well and cook for about 5 mins on a high heat to brown, breaking up the meat with a spoon. Add the spices, vinegar, chipotle paste, passata and sugar. Cook for another 5 mins, then remove from the heat.
- STEP 3
In a small bowl, mix the remaining onion, the pineapple and coriander. Serve the chicken and the pineapple salsa with warm tortillas and hot sauce.