Chilli tempeh stir-fry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Try popular tempeh – made from fermented soya beans – as a substitute for meat. As well as being vegan, this stir-fry is healthy and low in calories
- 300g long-stem broccoli
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 150g tempeh , sliced and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger , peeled and finely grated
- ½ small red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ tbsp gochujang paste
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- steamed brown rice , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Boil the broccoli for 1 min 30 secs. Drain.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Stir-fry the tempeh for 2-3 mins, then put on a plate. Fry the garlic, ginger and chilli for 2 mins. Tip in the broccoli and toss.
- STEP 3
Mix the gochujang with 2 tbsp water and the tempeh. Add to the pan with the seeds. Cook for 2 mins. Serve with rice, if you like.