- 300g long-stem broccoli
Like cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a brassica and is sometimes known by its Italian name…
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 150g tempeh, sliced and cut into 2cm cubes
Originally devised in Indonesia, tempeh is made from cooked soya beans that are then fermented…
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- ½ small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ tbsp gochujang paste
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- steamed brown rice, to serve (optional)
Rice is a grain, the seed of a type of grass, which is the most widely grown and the most…
Boil the broccoli for 1 min 30 secs. Drain.
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Stir-fry the tempeh for 2-3 mins, then put on a plate. Fry the garlic, ginger and chilli for 2 mins. Tip in the broccoli and toss.
Mix the gochujang with 2 tbsp water and the tempeh. Add to the pan with the seeds. Cook for 2 mins. Serve with rice, if you like.