Chilli & avocado salsa sweet potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A fresh, summery vegan recipe that won't break the bank. Get 5 of your 5 a day the easy way
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small avocado , chopped
- 1 red chilli , finely chopped
- ½ small pack coriander , chopped
- 400g can mixed beans , drained
- ½ x 460g jar roasted red peppers , sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut yogurt , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 40-45 mins, or until tender and cooked.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep frying pan and cook the onion for about 10 mins until softening. Add the garlic and paprika, and stir for 1 min. Tip in the tomatoes, then bring to a gentle simmer, season well and leave to bubble away for 10-15 mins.
- STEP 3
To make the salsa, combine the avocado, chilli and coriander in a small bowl. Pour the mixed beans into the pan with the red peppers. Warm through for 5 mins and taste.
- STEP 4
Halve each baked potato, ladle over the chilli and spoon on the salsa. Add a dollop of coconut yogurt to each half before serving, if you like.