- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 25g green pitted olives, chopped
Widely grown all over the Mediterranean, where they've been cultivated since biblical times…
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 140g cherry tomatoes, halved
- small bunch parsley or mint (or a mixture), leaves picked
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
- 1 cooked beetroot, coarsely grated
A favourite in 1970s British salads (cooked and pickled in vinegar), beetroot is a root…
- 2 ready-roasted chicken breasts, torn into small pieces
- 100g natural yogurt
- 3 flatbreads or pitta breads
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Put the onion in a bowl, pour over enough boiled water from a kettle to cover, then set aside for 5 mins. Drain and rinse under cold water. Toss with the olives, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley and/or mint leaves, beetroot and chicken.
Season the yogurt and toast the flatbreads. To serve, top each flatbread with generous spoonfuls of the souvlaki, yogurt and a drizzle of oil.