- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 4 tbsp hot salsa from a jar
- 2 large flour tortillas, seeded or plain
- 215g can kidney beans, drained and roughly mashed
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 50g leftover roast chicken, shredded (use the last of the meat on the carcass)
- 85g grated mature cheddar
- ½ a 20g pack coriander, leaves chopped (optional)
- oil, for brushing
- STEP 1
Spread 2 tbsp salsa onto each tortilla, then evenly top one of them with the beans, spring onion, chicken and cheddar. Scatter with coriander, if you have it. Sandwich with the other tortilla, then brush with oil.
- STEP 2
Heat a large non-stick frying pan, then cook the tortilla, oil-side down, for 4 mins. Carefully turn over with a palette knife (or by turning it out onto a plate, sliding it back into the pan), then cook for 2 mins on the other side until golden. Serve cut into wedges.