Chicken & pomegranate bulgur pilaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- a little oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, skin and bones removed, each cut into 2-3 pieces
- 2 tbsp ras-el-hanout or Moroccan tagine spice mix
- 500ml hot chicken stock
- 350g bulgur wheat
- 2 x 100g tubs pomegranate seeds
- bunch mint , chopped, plus a few leaves to serve
- STEP 1
Heat a little oil in a large casserole dish (with a tight-fitting lid). Coat the chicken pieces with some seasoning, and half of the spice mix and add to the pan, brown well on all sides.
- STEP 2
Add the remaining spice mix and cook for 1 min. Pour over the stock, season and stir, then cover and cook for 25 mins over a low-medium heat.
- STEP 3
Remove the lid, increase the heat to a medium simmer and add the bulgur wheat. Cook for 10 mins, then re-cover, turn off the heat and leave to stand for a further 10 mins.
- STEP 4
When all the liquid has been absorbed and the bulgur wheat is tender, stir through the chopped mint and scatter over the pomegranate seeds.