Minty carrot, pistachio & feta salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus chilling
- Serves 6
A vegetarian side salad with cumin-roasted carrots, chickpeas, mint, nuts, spinach and salty cheese - great with Moroccan food
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus a little extra for drizzling
- 500g carrot , halved and cut into chunks
- 400g can chickpea , drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- small bunch mint , chopped
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- 100g bag shelled pistachio , roughly chopped
- 200g pack feta cheese , crumbled
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip 1 tbsp of the oil, the carrots, chickpeas and cumin onto a baking tray, season and toss to coat. Roast for 30 mins or until the carrots are tender.
- STEP 2
Mix together the lemon juice, honey and remaining oil, then pour all over the roasted carrots and chickpeas. Leave to cool. You can chill the salad at this stage, for up to 1 day; just bring it out of the fridge 1 hr before serving.
- STEP 3
Mix through the mint, spinach leaves and pistachios, and check the seasoning. Scatter the feta over and drizzle with a little extra oil.