Chicken curry with lime leaf, lemongrass & mango
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Use a fragrant curry paste as the base for this Asian curry with tropical fruit and citrussy notes
For the curry paste
- 6 lime leaves (2 finely chopped and the centre vein discarded)
- 1 thumb-sized red chilli (deseeded if you don't like it too hot)
- 6 lemongrass stalks, tough outer leaves removed, finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger , peeled
- small pack coriander , stems for the paste, reserve the leaves to serve
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 3 tbsp tamarind purée
For the curry
- STEP 1
Blend the chopped lime leaves with the rest of the curry paste ingredients in a food processor.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the curry paste and cook on a medium heat for 2-3 mins. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken, lime zest and juice, then season and cover. Gently simmer for 30 mins until the chicken is tender.
- STEP 3
Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 mins. Add the green beans, mangoes and whole lime leaves and cook for 5 mins. Add the coriander leaves just before serving with hot jasmine rice.