Cherry tomato & pancetta pizza
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 280g packet white bread or pizza base mix
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 150g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 125g ball mozzarella , drained
- 75g cubed pancetta or bacon
- bunch of basil (for scattering)
- STEP 1
Empty the pizza dough into a bowl. Shred or chop the basil and stir half of it into the mixture along with 200ml warm water. Knead vigorously for 5 mins, then roll out into a 30cm round shape.
- STEP 2
Transfer to a floured baking sheet, rub the surface with olive oil and leave for 15 mins until risen. Push the cherry tomatoes, cut-side up, into the dough so the pizza is studded with them.
- STEP 3
Dry the mozzarella very thoroughly with kitchen paper, then cut into cubes. Scatter over the pizza along with the pancetta or bacon, then bake for 20 mins until risen, bubbling and golden. Tear over the remaining basil leaves.