Cherry cream sundaes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 15-20 mins, plus freezing time
- Makes 10
- 284ml carton double cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 200g toasted almond , chopped
- 2-3 tbsp dark rum
- 10 amaretti biscuits
- 10 canned cherries (or fresh when in season)
- 50g dark chocolate , melted, to drizzle
- STEP 1
Arrange 6 paper muffin cases on a baking sheet. Whisk together the cream and icing sugar until stiff. Fold in the almonds and rum.
- STEP 2
Crumble the biscuits and put the pieces in the bottom of the paper cases. Divide the cream between them and top with a cherry. Freeze for 1-2 hrs until firm. (They will keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.) Remove from the freezer 20 mins before serving, and drizzle with the chocolate.