Cherry, almond & lemon mascarpone tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus 30 mins chilling
- Serves 8
- 375g block dessert pastry
- about 700g/1lb 9oz cherries , stoned
For the frangipane filling
- 100 g/ 4 oz unsalted butter at room temperature
- 100 g/ 4 oz golden caster sugar
- 100 g/ 4 oz ground almond
- 1 egg
- splash of Disaronno or Marsala, if you have it
For the mascarpone mix
- 2 x 250g tubs mascarpone
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 140 g/ 5 oz icing sugar , plus extra for dusting
- STEP 1
Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to just thinner than a £1 coin. Use to line a 22cm loose-bottomed tart tin, leaving an overhang on the sides. Leave to chill in the fridge on a baking sheet. To make the frangipane, whizz everything together in a food processor until combined.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line the tart case with baking parchment and beans. Bake for 20 mins, then remove parchment and beans, lightly prick the base with a fork and continue to bake for 10 mins until pale biscuity. Spread the frangipane over the base and return to the oven for 15 mins until cooked. Remove from the oven, trim the sides of the pastry and leave to cool completely.
- STEP 3
Beat the mascarpone with the lemon zest and juice and the icing sugar. Spread over the frangipane. Arrange the cherries on top, dust heavily with icing sugar, remove from the tin and serve.