Cheesy turkey nuggets with smoking chips
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 3 garlic cloves , 1 crushed, 2 finely chopped
- 500g pack turkey breast pieces, large chunks halved to make 16 pieces in all
- 750g large potato , cut into thick chips
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 65g fresh breadcrumb (all crusts if possible)
- ½-1 tsp smoked paprika
- salad , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Beat the egg in a bowl with the Parmesan, crushed garlic and some seasoning, then stir in the turkey pieces.
- STEP 2
Toss potatoes in the oil, then spread out on a baking tray and bake for 15 mins.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, toss the turkey into the breadcrumbs and spread out on another baking tray. Take the chips from the oven and tip in a bowl with the chopped garlic, paprika and sea salt. Mix well, then spread back out on the tray and return to the oven with the turkey. Bake for 10-12 mins, then serve with a salad.