Strawberry, melon & ginger sundaes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- ½ medium cantaloupe melon (about 350g/12oz), skinned and cut into chunks
- 250g strawberry , hulled and sliced
- 4 ginger biscuits, roughly crushed (try Fox's Crinkle Crunch)
- 2 pieces of stem ginger in syrup (about 25g/1oz), chopped, plus 2 tsp of syrup from the jar
- 2 x 150g / 5oz pots Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp light muscovado sugar
- STEP 1
Gently mix the melon and strawberries together in a large bowl with a spoon or your hands, then pile half into four glass tumblers. Sprinkle with half the biscuit crumbs.
- STEP 2
Stir the chopped ginger and syrup into the yogurt and spoon into the tumblers. Pile the rest of the fruit on top, then scatter with the remaining crumbs.
- STEP 3
Sprinkle a teaspoon of muscovado sugar on top of each dessert and chill until ready to serve (up to 2 hours ahead) – the sugar will gradually melt to give a yummy toffee flavour.
- STEP 4
Take out of the fridge about 15 minutes before serving, so they are not too chilled.