Cheese & onion rarebit-topped pollock with potato wedges
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 3 medium potatoes , cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 thyme sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
- 50g mature cheddar , grated
- 100g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 pollock fillets (about 175g each), or another sustainable white fish
- 2 tbsp onion chutney
- salad , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the potato wedges, olive oil and thyme in a large baking tray, season and toss everything well to coat. Bake for 25 mins.
- STEP 2
Mash together the cheddar, cream cheese, breadcrumbs and mustard in a bowl. Remove the tray from the oven and push the wedges to the edges. Put the pollock fillets in the centre and season well, then top each fillet with a dollop of chutney, followed by the cheese mix.
- STEP 3
Return the tray to the oven for 15 mins until the fish is cooked through and the topping is bubbling and golden. Serve the fish and wedges with salad, if you like.